You can’t wait to get married on a beautiful beach surrounded by your friends and family. It will be an event nobody will forget. But first, you have to figure out the logistics. Where will you get married? Which resort? How do you plan your wedding when you’re in a different country? How do you get all of your friends and family to book? As you began researching your destination wedding you probably come across the suggestion of using a travel agent.
You may have been surprised to find out travel agents even existed these days. After all, anyone can easily go online and book a vacation within minutes. Why should you and your guests go the ‘dinosaur route’ of using a travel agent?
Here are just a few reasons why you need a travel agent when planning your destination wedding at an all-inclusive resort in Mexico, Jamaica, the Dominican Republic or other Caribbean island.
This is from my personal experience working with destination wedding couples:
1. The resort options are overwhelming. If you are relying on suggestions from friends, online reviews and Facebook groups to choose your resort then you’re probably overwhelmed and confused. Stop right now and contact a travel agent that specializes in destination weddings. I know these resorts like the back of my hand and can help you cut through the clutter to find the resort that matches your vision of your dream wedding.
2. You have no idea how much this should cost. You’re not alone. I’ve heard it all when it comes to wedding and guest budgets during our consultation calls. We’ll break it down with some real talk during our consultation to help you understand what is and what isn’t possible when it comes to the budget.
3. We know how to get you extra perks and comps. I can’t believe how many couples pick a resort and then tell their friends and family to book it online. These couples are leaving thousands of dollars on the table by not engaging in a group contract. I won’t let you do that. Nope. No way. We’re going to get you free rooms, upgrades, free events, etc. That’s what we do.
4. We understand the resorts’ wedding packages. A lot of packages are only for 25 guests, so if you’re planning on having a huge bash with 150 guests then we know which resorts’ packages will keep your budget in line.
5. When life hands you lemons (or limes), we’re there to make sure you and your guests are sipping margaritas instead of dealing with a nightmare. Things happen. Hurricanes destroy resorts. Resorts get sold. Resorts close for maintenance. There’s a global pandemic (thanks, Covid-19). We’ve had to move guests to new destinations/resorts for all of these reasons. We have the relationships and resources to make this transition as smooth as possible for you and your guests. What would you do if this happened and you didn’t have a travel agent?
This is just a small sample of the professional service you’ll receive from a travel agent that is well-versed in destination weddings. This is a huge life event, don’t leave it to chance.
Want to learn more about how KP Travel Group can help with your destination wedding travel arrangements? Check out our destination wedding page.
You can also schedule your FREE no-obligation 1-hour consultation call with us. It’s your chance to ask a destination wedding travel expert all the questions and finally get some answers!
[…] out my 5 Reasons You Need a Travel Agent for Your Destination Wedding blog to learn […]