Known for being one of the “greenest” countries in the world, Costa Rica boasts incredible wildlife, lush rainforests, and comfortable temperatures year-round.
Keep scrolling to discover why you should add this fantastic destination to your list of must-sees!
- There are 2 distinct seasons in Costa Rica: a High Season (dry) and a Green Season (rainy). Green Season runs from May through October and High Season runs from July through August
- The best sunsets are in dry season
- It’s safe to drink the water in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica is ideal for adventurists and nature-lovers!
- There’s an extensive range of wildlife – think sloths, monkeys, ginormous crocodiles, tropical birds, and more!
- It’s great for split stays: start off with adventure in the Arenal or La Fortuna area, then move to the coast to relax at a luxury resort
THINGS TO DO
Costa Rica is home to some of the most exhilarating adventure tours and excursions! Below are some of our favorite activities for you to try:
- Hot Springs in Arenal
- Canyoneering (waterfall rappelling)
- Hanging bridges
- White water rafting
- Hiking in the rainforest to waterfalls
- Monteverde Cloud Forest
Here are some of our favorite places in Costa Rica to check out:
Papagayo – this peninsula is a newly-developed center of luxury with upscale resorts, private residences, a beach club, golf course, and marina
Arenal – is home to the smallest and most active volcano in Costa Rica. Great for hot springs, waterfall hikes, horseback riding, birdwatching, biking, and boat tours!
Manuel Antonio – famous for its national park, this tiny oceanside village is filled with plenty of great adventures!
EXPLORE EXCURSION OPTIONS
If you want to learn more about what adventures are available in each of these areas, click below to explore your options.
SHOULD YOU GO ALL-INCLUSIVE IN COSTA RICA?
In recent years quite a few all-inclusive resorts have opened in the Guanacaste area of Costa Rica. If you’ve been following KP Travel Group, then you know I LOVE all-inclusive resorts. However, I think Costa Rica is a destination where you’re doing yourself a disservice to only stay at an all-inclusive resort.
The big draw in Costa Rica is the adventurous excursions and most of those are located inland near La Fortuna & the Arenal Volcano area. You can do a daytrip to this area from an all-inclusive resort, but it’s a loooong day! I recommend spending several nights in La Fortuna and then moving on to the coast for some true R&R.
Another reason I dislike only booking an all-inclusive stay in Costa Rica is because so often people are expecting gorgeous beaches just like they’d find at an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean. Costa Rica is a gorgeous country, but you don’t go there for the beach. If you just want white sand, turquoise water & umbrella drinks then you should cross Costa Rica off your list.
COVID-19 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Costa Rica is currently permitting U.S. citizens to enter with a few basic requirements:
- Proof of a medical insurance policy
- Fill out an online health pass 48-hours prior to arrival
- A valid passport
- COVID-19 testing is no longer required
Policies are fluid, so check here for the most up-to-date entry requirements: US Embassay in Costa Rica
If Costa Rica is on your bucket list, let’s chat! I’d love to share my experience there and help you plan an amazing, adventure-filled vacation!
GET YOUR FREE VACATION CONSULTATION!
Ready to plan your next epic all-inclusive getaway? Snag your spot now for a no-obligation consultation call with Kathryn at KP Travel Group. I can’t wait to hear all about your vacation plans!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment